Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Hot White Mama

As I was tucking Selah in the other night I told her she was, "My beautiful Vietnamese princess." Without missing a beat she responded, "And you're my hot white mama." Typically, I try and discourage my children from describing people as hot, unless, I always say, you are describing your husband or wife. But, it was just so darn funny I didn't get after her.
The hot white mama and the beautiful Vietnamese princess are off to China on Friday- yes, China!! One of my best friends in the whole world happens to live there. That would be my sister, Amanda. (That was a trick. You can't actually see her blog unless you are really special.) And one of Selah's best friends in the whole world happens to live there, also. That would be her cousin, Delaney.
Thanks, those of you who continue to harass me about posting more often. (That was not a trick and you should totally read my friend, Brandi's, blog. She is hilarious. Speaking of fun blogs to read, you should also read my friend, Chelsey's, blog.)  This summer has been busy with things like swimming and camping and church activities and parties and plans for homeschooling a certain amazing kid who is 12 TODAY (I'll post more about that later- the turning 12 and the homeschooling).
In the meantime, consider following me on twitter. I will be posting regular updates regarding our trip there and would love it if you followed along!
Oh, and, simply because I can hardly stand to write anything without at least mentioning my incredible husband, here is a gratuitous picture:

Isn't he cute in his new(er) glasses? Even if he does refuse to actually smile for pictures.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Chelsey said...

wahoo! looking forward to reading all about your trip to China and homeschooling and what not. I look forward to all your posts! and thanks for the shout out :)

2:20 PM  
Blogger Lela Thorne said...

I love that story and look forward to hearing about China!

2:41 PM  
Blogger Brandi said...

Woot!! I knew if I left enough comments, you would eventually write again, wuhahaha, my evil plan worked!!!
My favourite WHM and VP: safe travels and may you both be blessed with ever-lasting memories of your trip together.

PS-now I guess I better become A Twittier? Twitterer? Twittit? Twatterer? so I can stalk you some more......

5:15 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

We can't wait for you to get here!!! We do the countdown everyday (multiple times). Aidyn asked today if she could take a nap Saturday so she could stay up til you get here at 1:30 in the morning:).

11:50 PM  
Blogger Aisling said...

Have an amazing time in China with your beautiful daughter. Is that a picture of what Jeff's face will be like without you around? LOL Just kidding. I'm sure he & the boys will have a great time. Love you & miss you much <3

9:02 AM  
Blogger Trevor Wise said...

We just about busted a gut laughing at Selah's comment. could totally see it!

4:18 PM  
Blogger Brandi said...

OK, so check this out: I just found this website that suggests a strong correlation between blogging and fighting jetlag. www.imissyouandyourwritingandiwanttoheareverythingaboutchina.com

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home